xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:31:54 GMT

> It all boils down to a matter of preference: you probably dislike
> the idea of using Anakia as much as I dislike XSLT. I don't think it
matters
> in the end as long as a project produces good documentation.
> employed.

I'm perfectly happy with this.

> But I think it
> would be fun to benchmark C2 against Anakia at producing pages. I'm
working
> on a compiler for Velocity (using BCEL, same tool in Xalan I believe) and
we
> plan to do more work on Anakia. I'd be more than happy to produce less
vague
> numbers.

Only if it's done very carefully, and provides truly valuable and not
misleading information to those who have to make technology decisions.
Otherwise I certainly don't have time for this kind of thing.

But any benchmark work like this should be done by a more neutral party
than either you or I.

-scott