xml-general mailing list archives

From b...@marketing.net.uk
Subject Crimson 1.1.1 / SAX2 reporting namespace-less element names as qName rather than localName
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:08:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious about the behaviour of Crimson 1.1.1 when used as a SAX2
XMLReader.  For some reason, for XML elements with no namespace, the name
is returned as the qName parameter to startElement(), rather than localName
as expected; localName is empty.  We're hoping for flexibility in changing
parsers (hence the move to 1.1.1 for the better JAXP support), so we'd like
to acheive consistent behaviour if at all possible.  Is there any way of
getting Crimson to comply with SAX2 on this?

Regards,
Ben Pickering