xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: xalan d7 build bug? was - Re: help - java - Basic DOM parse
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:48:53 GMT

> But when I look in the xalan.jar there is only:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

I think I am confused as Edwin about your problem.

I am guessing that you are expecting to see javax.xml.parsers.* stuff and
implementation in Xalan.  These are implemented in Xerces, not Xalan.
Xalan only implements the javax.xml.transform.* part of JAXP 1.1.  Please
see http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/index.html.

-scott

                    "Robert

                    Koberg"              To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    <rob@koberg.c        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    om>                  Subject:     xalan d7 build bug? was - Re: help
- java - Basic DOM parse

                    07/26/2001

                    12:32 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

I failed to mention I am using Xalan (D7).  In the documentation (that says
D6 at the top) it states:
---------------------
The Java API for XML Processing interfaces enable you to isolate your
application from the internal implementation details of a given
Transformer,
SAX parser, or DOM parser. For each of these objects, there is an abstract
Factory class with a static newInstance() method that instantiates a
concrete Factory which wraps the underlying implementation. These
newInstance() methods use system property settings to determine which
implementation to instantiate.
Xalan-Java is distributed with system property settings for the Xalan XSLT
Transformer and the Xerces DOM and SAX parsers. These settings are in
xalan.jar in META-INF/services (see src/META-INF/services).
System property Setting
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl