xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:32:44 GMT

> So, until you have a better tool created, your arguments against Anakia
are
> clearly based on your own distaste for anything that does a better job
than
> your own personal tools that you created.

I did *not* create stylebook, nor did I have anything to do with the Ant
task.

> I am not going to consider your -1 as being
> valid.

Um, I don't think you can invalidate another committer's vote.  Are you
even a committer to any of the xml.apache.org projects?

> I challenge you to come out with performance numbers that show XSLT
> rendering the entire Jakarta site faster than Anakia does it.

Whatever.  As I said, I don't want to get into a benchmark war... I simply
don't have the time.  If you or other projects want to use Anakia, please
do whatever you want.  And please make whatever claims you wish.  If it
bothers me or someone else enough, we can and will defend the technology.
I am not saying you should use XSLT if you don't want to.  Please don't
tell me that I must use Anakia, or try to force a standard on Apache.  That
is my only point.

-scott