xml-general mailing list archives

From "Alistair Hopkins" <alist...@berthengron.co.uk>
Subject RE: PMC Vote on AxKit Contribution
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:28:57 GMT
How many web publishing 'things' does apache now host?
How many different sub-projects are they in?
Without checking I believe all these do 'something' for the web:
	cocoon velocity turbine jetspeed struts avalon slide/WebDAV xang

As a (very grateful) user of a range of apache offerings, I have to say that
I am very confused as to which would be suitable in which circumstance, so
much so that I used none of them and just worked from xalan and jakarta to
find my own way.

If more are to be added, I think some guidance for consumers would be
important.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arved Sandstrom [mailto:Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 8:13 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: PMC Vote on AxKit Contribution

On Friday 20 July 2001 05:04, you wrote:
> The AxKit project would like to become an Apache.org project.  Here's
> the current status of the PMC vote on this.  This is also an appropriate
> time for any committers to voice their opinions.
>
> [+1] Sam Ruby
> [] Scott Boag
> [+1] Davanum Srinivas
> [+1] Dirk-Willem van Gulik
> [+0] Ted Leung

I'm all for it...+1. I'd like to see a stronger scripting language (Perl,
Python, Tcl etc) presence in XML Apache anyway. I've also followed Matt
Sergeant since he popped up on Perl lists and started doing neat stuff, and
like what he comes up with. And the relationship of AxKit with Apache httpd
is also a plus, IMO. I note also that AxKit even has some support for XSP.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom
--
Fairly Senior Software Type