xml-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] Re: Helma XML-RPC @ Jakarta
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:13:40 GMT
On 7/12/01 9:12 AM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way you could use Stylebook? Site generation for xml.apache.org
>> is already in a bit
>> of mess. Take a look at the xml-site module in CVS. Using anakia now will
>> increase the problems
>> later when all of us decide to revamp the system for generating the
>> xml.apache.org site.
>
> Aren't we planning on replacing stylebook "real soon now"?

I sent a message Davanum about Anakia. I would like to use Anakia
because it's working well at Jakarta and I think it's going to
be used for the main apache site.

I am also working on an XML import filter for Adobe's InDesign which
will allow me to take an Anakia formatted document and produce
professional grade PDFs for all the apache documentation. I'm using
InDesign to layout a book I'm working on so I figured I'd kill a
few birds. This will take a while but that¹s the eventual goal.

I really don't want to use Stylebook, it's slow and what it produces
right now must account for half the traffic on apache with all those
itty bitty images :-)

> - Sam Ruby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl