xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon is fundamentally flawed - Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:36:18 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:

> cocoon needs a processing instruction in the content.  The content tells the
> system what to do.  This is backwards of how it should be.  If the idea is
> to have reusable content then why polute the content right off the bat.

Actually, this is a mis-statement.  Our whole conversation has been centered
around Cocoon version 2.  That version of Cocoon does not require adding
processing instructions.  It completely separates the content from the display.

Before making accusations like this, perhaps you should investigate what we
have been talking about.  A lot has changed from Cocoon 1 to Cocoon 2.  It's
a whole new beast.