xml-general mailing list archives

From "Mathew, Mathew" <MMat...@kimpact.com>
Subject exceptions using jaxp with crimsion
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:07:44 GMT
Following exceptions get thrown when I do xml processing in a
applet(IE-Microsoft VM). I use the java xml api and use the crimson parser.
Anybody any input on how to get rid of this. From the stack trace it looks
as if the cause is the missing jaxp properties file. But I thought the
properties file was a optional requirement and by default the crimson parser
will be selected.

thanks

com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[Host]: cannot access file
C:\WINDOWS\Java\lib\jaxp.properties
	at com/ms/security/permissions/FileIOPermission.check
(FileIOPermission.java)
	at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.deepCheck (PolicyEngine.java)
	at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.checkPermission (PolicyEngine.java)
	at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.chk
(StandardSecurityManager.java)
	at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.checkRead
(StandardSecurityManager.java)
	at java/io/File.exists (File.java)
	at javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.findFactory
(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:374)
	at javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance
(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:104)
	at XMLIndexFileReader.getHTMLResultString
(XMLIndexFileReader.java:87)
	at DisplayBuilderApplet.init (DisplayBuilderApplet.java:96)
	at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0 (AppletPanel.java)
	at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall (AppletPanel.java)
	at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent (AppletPanel.java)
	at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent (AppletPanel.java)
	at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run (AppletPanel.java)
	at java/lang/Thread.run (Thread.java)