xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ryan O'leary" <Ryan.O'le...@alltel.com>
Subject RE: Best book to learn XML
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
One distinction to keep in mind...you have the xml "syntax" along with
concepts such as DOM and SAX parsers and then there is this whole slough
of xml "sub-technologies" that are constantly evolving etc.  Alot of
books cover both the xml syntax *and* the sub-technologies, which,
depending on what it is you are really after, will influence the choice.
I've learned extensive xml (redundancy intended) through the WROX book
"Profession XML".  They now have a 2nd edition (which includes more
thorough schema coverage, etc.)

Anyway, just my 2cp.  As someone else said, the specs themselves can be
good reads, albeit confusing in some places.  I like 'em better than
shakespeare, though.  :P

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: general@xml.apache.org at INTERNET
[mailto:IMCEACCMAIL-general+40xml+2Eapache+2Eorg+20at+20INTERNET@alltel.
com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 10:42 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org at INTERNET
Subject: Best book to learn XML

Hello, I am intersted in learning the XML language (I know PHP and SQL
already)
and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on a good book I
could buy t
hat will help me learn XML easily, has clear examples and scripts, and
one that
you guys swea
r by.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks! :)

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup