xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollm...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject Re: Canonical XML
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:15:46 GMT
Hi Ted,

--On Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 11:07 -0700 Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com>
wrote:

> [I'm redirecting this again to general, since this is a proposal for a
> code contribution and possibly a project creation]
> I personally would be interested in seeing this happen.  Your initial note
> in general indicated that you thought that Xalan would  be the best place
for
> this.
> I'd like to see some discussion of where the best home is for this
> implementation.
> Should this get folded into Xerces or Xalan or commons, or should we
> create a new subproject

Well, I'm not sure what's the best place for something like this. With
"Canonical XML", "XML Signature" and "XML Encryption", we have three
standards that are related to XML and Security/Cryptography. This means
that they _use_ Xalan and Xerces, but the do not extend them. For instance,
my "Canonical XML" makes heavy use of the org.apache.xpath package, but it
does not extend it... So it could be interesting to use some package
namespace like org.apache.security or org.apache.xml.security for things
like this.