xml-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: help - java - Basic DOM parse
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:16:59 GMT
thanks for responding, I will try to be clearer:

> Sorry, I don't understand the question.  What is "this_config"

it is an uri or an InputStream (or others, I have tried several)
 Document doc = docbuilder.parse(this_config);
 -- but it an XML document that describes the particular site in it's
context

> "context" in the code above

sorry. context is:
// in the servlet's init (actually a startup servlet)
ServletContext context  = getServletConfig().getServletContext();

> and what is the problem you are trying to
> solve?

I want to be able to put the parsed doc in a context attribute to access it
in other parts of this (or a master) webapp:

 context.setAttribute("boo2", doc);

I know I have the doc in the class that sets the attribute because I can
perform XPath expressions on it using the XPathAPI.  But I can't put doc
into the attribute - it always turns up null.  I am pretty sure I won't end
up doing this, but I just wanted to see if the performance is acceptable for
the convenience the DOM offers.