xml-general mailing list archives

From "Brian Tol" <bri...@imagegroup.com>
Subject Capturing relevant source document during XSLT processing
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:26:45 GMT
For an upcoming project I'll need to be capturing the relevant part of a
source document during XSLT processing. For example:

Source:
<person>
    <firstname>Bob</firstname>
    <lastname>Smith</lastname>
</person>

Stylesheet:
<xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:template match="/">
   Firstname: <xsl:value-of select="firstname"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Output:
Firstname: Bob

What I need to capture is the "relevant" (is there a better word?) part
of the source document:

<person>
    <firstname>bob</firstname>
</person>

I've looked around for something to do this, but I haven't found
anything. Is there a tool out there to do this, and if not, any
suggestions on how to add this functionality to a XSLT processor?

Thanks,
Brian

briant@imagegroup.com