xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Re: Helma XML-RPC @ Jakarta
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:23:12 GMT
The plan for the site has always been to use C2 when it stabilized.

We are getting closer and closer to that, right Dims?  I don't know anything
about Anakia, but if it is using XML as input, then it seems that stylesheet
magic could be used to go between C2 and Anakia and InDesign.

If we could get off of stylebook and onto C2 I'd be very happy.

Ted

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jvanzyl@apache.org>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: [RFC] Re: Helma XML-RPC @ Jakarta

On 7/12/01 9:12 AM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way you could use Stylebook? Site generation for
xml.apache.org
>> is already in a bit
>> of mess. Take a look at the xml-site module in CVS. Using anakia now will
>> increase the problems
>> later when all of us decide to revamp the system for generating the
>> xml.apache.org site.
>
> Aren't we planning on replacing stylebook "real soon now"?

I sent a message Davanum about Anakia. I would like to use Anakia
because it's working well at Jakarta and I think it's going to
be used for the main apache site.

I am also working on an XML import filter for Adobe's InDesign which
will allow me to take an Anakia formatted document and produce
professional grade PDFs for all the apache documentation. I'm using
InDesign to layout a book I'm working on so I figured I'd kill a
few birds. This will take a while but that¹s the eventual goal.

I really don't want to use Stylebook, it's slow and what it produces
right now must account for half the traffic on apache with all those
itty bitty images :-)

> - Sam Ruby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl