xml-general mailing list archives

From David_Mars...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] xml.apache.org Charter
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:49:51 GMT

Then, Ted Leung wrote:
>Please don't send us back for a whole new vote, etc, over spelling
>and wording. I don't think we need a new vote to fix spelling and
>correct 'newsgroup' to 'mailing list'.

My objections to the cited passage were two: newsgroup vs. mailing
list as you noted, but also that the sentence is incomplete and I
don't know how you intended to finish it. If it's any sign of
optimism, let me repeat that the above was the "low point" of the
whole document. I found numerous problems of lesser severity.

I don't think the document should be published as-is. If it's
possible to vote +1 on content and -1 on presentation, then that's
what I'll do. If we fix it now, can the same vote still apply?
Ted seems to be answering "yes" to that question. I'm just looking
for assurance that the charter won't become our public document of
our activity until it has been cleaned up.
.................David Marston