xml-general mailing list archives

From "Nick Ridout" <coste...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Xalan-J 2 and System properties
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:08:45 GMT

I just joined this list and xerces-j-user list.  I didn't see a xalan forum
so I hope this is an appropriate place for this question.

I have imported Xalan-J 2.0.0 into IBM VisualAge for Java (along with
Xerces-J 1.2.3 and Xalan-J 1 Compatability classes).

I'm getting SAX Exceptions.  While tracing, I see System properties being
queried that are not set.  I suspect that in the process of importing the
code into VisualAge I am losing these.  When I run from a (Win NT) dos box
with sun JDK, I don't get exceptions so I'm guessing the System properties
are set (how does this work?).   I can explicity set System properties from
code, but how do I know what needs to be set and what they should be set
to?  Are they documented anywhere?  Has anyone else running Visual Age had
this problem?

Nick Ridout