xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Consolidated feedback on JDK 1.4?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:25:18 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> I'm all for having an "Apache" response from the PMC Chair of Jakarta.
>
> Lets make a press release at JavaOne and point out that Sun can't even
> follow their own testing compatibility suites that they want to force
> everyone else (ie: the licensing issues in the JCP) to follow. :-)

I have no problem taking the point on this issue, but at the moment I have
no plans for a press release or even to attend JavaOne.

I've been doing this for some time, and I have seen lots of projects give
"reasons" why they needed to break backwards compatibility, but just this
one time - honest.  I'm confident that the people developing JDBC 3.0 feel
the same way, particularly as it appears that it will have a new major
version number.

- Sam Ruby