xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald_Les...@lotus.com
Subject Re: MVC (Servlet-->JSP) to XSLT delegation example or framework?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:02:20 GMT

Paul Campbell has added a sample JSP that illustrates the use of JSPs to
interact with Xalan. See
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/samples.html#jspsample.
-- Don Leslie

"Curt Smith" <smithc04@dcor.state.ga.us> on 06/08/2001 01:42:23 PM

Please respond to general@xml.apache.org

To:   <general@xml.apache.org>
cc:    (bcc: Donald Leslie/CAM/Lotus)

Subject:  MVC (Servlet-->JSP) to XSLT delegation example or framework?

Greetings,

I'm needing to assemble a best of bread server side architecture to support
multple
client types (HTML, VXML, WML).

The appserver vendors have their wireless/mobile framworks that are a range
of
proprietary and not-well designed frameworks.   The Bluestone wireless
framework
is MVC at least.  But I'd prefer source with the framework since the
controller Servlet
usually needs custom domain specific code.

I'm looking for any subcomponent or whole parts of the framework that
delagates
from the View JSP to XSLT to form the final output stream.

How about an example of how a JSP delegates to Xalan.  There's a sample
servlet but not how a JSP might delegate it's output to an XSLT input and
the
transformed output being sent to the http.response stream??

Thanks for any helps.

curt