xml-general mailing list archives

From Britta Schüle <britta.schu...@ixos.de>
Subject RE: <br> and </br> tags
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:46:44 GMT
oops, forgot to include the files - sorry! and as was pointed out repeatedly
- we do actually set output method to html ... weird.

-----Original Message-----
From: Britta Schüle [mailto:britta.schuele@ixos.de]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 3:36 PM
To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: <br> and </br> tags

hiya,
thanks for the feedback so far, but i think i haven't quite said clearly
enough what's happening ; (
we're using the sax parser to parse documents. according to the w3c
recommendations,
"The html output method should not output an end-tag for empty elements. For
HTML 4.0, the empty elements are area, base, basefont, br, col, frame, hr,
img, input, isindex, link, meta and param. For example, an element written
BUT, no matter what we try, the parser always seems to insert a <br /> when
it finds a <br> in the xsl.
i enclosed the xml, xsl and the rendered html files as examples.
thanks, britta