xml-general mailing list archives

From "Irene Levina" <ir...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject SAXParser and white space problem
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:57:46 GMT
Using Xerces v1.3.1.
Processing xml data by using SAXParser, I 'm getting the following
behavior when trying to Receive notification of character data by using
ContentHandler.characters(...) method.

If my xml file contain the following data in one line:

<Attribute><![CDATA[<greeting>Hello, world!</greeting>]]></Attribute>

I'm getting expected behavior, such as new String(ch, start, length)
returns me:
        <greeting>Hello, world!</greeting>

If same data split into multiple lines, such as :

    <Attribute>
        <![CDATA[<greeting>Hello, world!</greeting>]]>
    </Attribute>

length parameter repoted just a whitespace, and I can't not get actual
character data that I'm looking for. Is this bug was fixed in any new
version of SAXParser?
And what will be the way around to get correct character data?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Irene Levina.