xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: documentation for the class org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:48:50 GMT
Badie Garzaldeen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the class org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument to make an xml
> file persistent (write)and to set the DTD (setDocType), but I would have
> the documentation of this class, because the setDocType-Method does not
> work well.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but using the public XmlDocument
methods is discouraged because it makes your app dependent on the
crimson parser.  Also, those methods are there for backward compatiblity
and are not really being maintained.  One way to marshal/serialize a DOM
is to use the jaxp.xml.transform package with an identity transform from
a DOMSource to a StreamResult object.  See the docs on Xalan-j for more
info.

-Edwin