xml-general mailing list archives

From jason heddings <Jason.Heddi...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: XSL question
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:46:43 GMT

There are two things here that I can see:

First, when using a "select" attribute (anywhere in XSL to my knowedge),
the value is not resolved before processing.  Meaning the processor will
not first substitue the value of $location and then run the for each.

Secondly, the purpose of the "select" parameter is to build a node set
to operate on.  If you pass a string as its value, the processor will
look for a node with the given XPath expression in that string.

You may try to accomplish the problem in the following way:

<xsl:template name="someTemplate">

  <xsl:call-template name="callMe">
name="location-set" select="/section/data/stuff" />

...which will pass the node set to your template instead of the text

You may also try xalan-dev@xml.apache.org (they are far smarter than I)

      \\\|///                 Jason Heddings             ((
     \\ ~ ~ //                303.272.5166 (x75166)    C|~~|
     (/ @ @ /)                Jason.Heddings@Sun.COM    `__'