xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Xalan-J 2 and System properties
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:23:52 GMT
Actually, you just caught us as we're beginning to
split the Xalan discussion lists!

Today and in the future you should address
development-oriented issues about Xalan to
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org  This is for people actively
developing new code on Xalan-J or Xalan-C.

Starting today, you should address user-level issues
like this one to one of our new user lists:
xalan-j-users or xalan-c-users as appropriate.  We
need to publicise these lists and get more of the
Xalan committers and Really Helpful People to start
subscribing to those lists too.

general@xml.apache.org should always be for
cross-project issues - some technical, but also
organizational issues.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you yet but I'm
forwarding this onto xalan-dev for the time being.

- Shane

---- you "Nick Ridout" <costempd@us.ibm.com> wrote
----
Hi,

I just joined this list and xerces-j-user list.  I
didn't see a xalan forum
so I hope this is an appropriate place for this
question.

I have imported Xalan-J 2.0.0 into IBM VisualAge for
Java (along with
Xerces-J 1.2.3 and Xalan-J 1 Compatability classes).

I'm getting SAX Exceptions.  While tracing, I see
System properties being
queried that are not set.  I suspect that in the
process of importing the
code into VisualAge I am losing these.  When I run
from a (Win NT) dos box
with sun JDK, I don't get exceptions so I'm guessing
the System properties
are set (how does this work?).   I can explicity set
System properties from
code, but how do I know what needs to be set and what
they should be set
to?  Are they documented anywhere?  Has anyone else
running Visual Age had
this problem?

Thanks.

Nick Ridout

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com"
 humor="'A Midsummer Night's Dream' - pick your quote" />