From: XML technologies in the Java Platform [mailto:XML-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM]On Behalf Of Steve Buroff
Sent: 06 June 2000 18:49
To: XML-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
Subject: xsd namespace question

I have attached two very small files, an .xml file and an xsd file
As far as I can tell, they follow the example file po1.xsd and po1.xml
in the schema primer. However, I get the following from xerces 1.1.1.
Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Thanks.

Steve Buroff

[Error] elementManager.xml:5:54: The namespace prefix "Schema in file:/C:/sjb/projects/elementManagerProj/elementManager.xsd has a different target namespace from the one specified in the instance document :" was not declared.

elementManager.xml: 500 ms (1 elems, 3 attrs, 0 spaces, 1 chars)

Process Exit...