xml-general mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: PMC Meeting minutes for 5/1/2001
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 21:43:17 GMT
> I suspect that we may want something like a xml-commons/java/proposed or
> xml-commons/proposed/ to hold stuff that is proposed for xml-commons, but
> hasn't been voted on.

If possible, it would be great to do it in few steps - start with what we
know will be there and get something rolling, and keep discussing issues
like -proposed or sandbox.

> Before anything beyond SAX2, DOM2, and JAXP gets committed to xml-commons,
> we need to come up with a firm set of criteria, that sits in some official
> looking document.  As I have said before, the biggest danger of xml-commons
> is the danger of turning xml.apache.org into a bowl of spaghetti.

+1

On the other side, we should get SAX, etc in, solve build problems and see
how it works out - in parallel with discussing the other issues.

I like the idea of adding something only if it is used by 2 projects.

Costin