xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Charter Discussions
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 02:19:45 GMT

Well, let me defend the first paragraph a bit.  I believe an organization
such as this should have a vision.  Why are we spending so much time on
XML?  What are we trying to accomplish with XML as a collaborative
community?  If "help to change the world". seems "a bit too religious in
tone." (I don't see why it is), then offer up an alternative vision.  Write
something like "make lots of money for the companies involved" or "make the
individuals involved be rich and famous" if that makes you feel better, but
there should be a stated vision for why we think XML is important.

I don't see how the first and the third paragraphs are redundent at all.
The first speaks about the vision of XML itself, and the third speaks about
collaboration being the best way to develop APIs and components.  ???

-scott

                    "Ted Leung"

                    <twleung@saur        To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    ia.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: Charter Discussions

                    05/12/2001

                    02:21 AM

                    Please