xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: what is the format of a XalanDOMChar
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 14:28:02 GMT

XalanDOMChar is a Unicode code point encoded in UTF-16.

You can construct a XalanDOMString from a UTF-16 string, or a const char*
that is encoded in  the local page.  We do not provide a constructor that
transcodes from UTF-8.  You need to transcode the string yourself and pass
the UTF-16 string to the XalanDOMString constructor.

Please subscribe to the Xalan development list and post your questions
there.  This is the general list and it is not the appropriate forum for
these questions.

Dave

                    Lee Chin

                    <leechinus@ya        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    hoo.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     what is the format of a XalanDOMChar

                    05/03/2001

                    07:25 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

I have a (I guess) UTF-8 sequence of data... basically
ASCII and any data more than 127, for example &#160;,
that is represented as 2 byte UTF-8 sequence.

Now I want to create a XalanDOMString with this
data... HOWEVER, when I create a XalanDOMString with
the UTF-8 equivalent of &#160; (and others), the
string is empty!

How do I do this?

Thanks
Lee