xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: PMC Meeting minutes for 5/1/2001
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 15:28:18 GMT

> xml-commons/
>     java/
>         org/xml/sax
>         org/w3c/dom
>         javax/xml/parsers
>         javax/xml/transform
>     c++/
>     perl/

I think it may need more structure than this:

xml-commons/
    java/
        src/
          org/xml/sax
          org/w3c/dom
          javax/xml/parsers
          javax/xml/transform
    c++/
    perl/

I suspect that we may want something like a xml-commons/java/proposed or
xml-commons/proposed/ to hold stuff that is proposed for xml-commons, but
hasn't been voted on.

Before anything beyond SAX2, DOM2, and JAXP gets committed to xml-commons,
we need to come up with a firm set of criteria, that sits in some official
looking document.  As I have said before, the biggest danger of xml-commons
is the danger of turning xml.apache.org into a bowl of spaghetti.

Shouldn't there be an xml-commons mailing list?

-scott

                    Edwin Goei

                    <edwingo@sun.        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    com>                 cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: PMC Meeting minutes for 5/1/2001

                    05/03/2001

                    08:43 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Ted Leung wrote:

> 2. Ted created xml-commons today, per the document Sam posted.  We are
now
> waiting for some system administration wheels to turn.

So what's the next step for checking in code into this repository?  I
know of at least one issue that needs to be determined.  What should the
directory structure be?  As a first cut, here is a proposal:

xml-commons/
    java/
        org/xml/sax
        org/w3c/dom
        javax/xml/parsers
        javax/xml/transform
    c++/
    perl/

I'm assuming people want to have different language bindings.  Comments?

-Edwin