xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [xml-commons][VOTE] META-INF/services
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 20:03:15 GMT

> Question #1: Should we populate META-INF/services with defaults? (my vote
+1)

-1 from me, unless you can convince me otherwise.  These should be
populated by the implementing jars, i.e. xalan, xerces, etc.

-scott

                    Davanum

                    Srinivas             To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <dims@yahoo.c        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    om>                  Subject:     [xml-commons][VOTE] META-INF/services

                    05/22/2001

                    06:56 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Ed,

Question #1: Should we populate META-INF/services with defaults? (my vote
+1)

Question #2: Should the parser defaults point to Xerces (my vote +1) or
Crimson (my vote +0)?

Question #3: The TRaX should default to Xalan (my vote +1).

Question #4: We need to add try/catch for SecurityException around
System.getProperty("org.xml.sax.parser")? (my vote +1)

Question #5: Should we add code to pick up "org.xml.sax.parser" default
from META-INF/services (to
be consistent across the board?) right now the code just looks at
System.getProperty. (my vote +1)

Thanks,
dims

=====