xml-general mailing list archives

From "Danny Ayers" <da...@panlanka.net>
Subject RE: xsd namespace question
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 05:52:54 GMT
I think it might be because :
http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance (in the instance doc)
isn't the same as
http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema (in the schema)

---
Danny Ayers
http://www.isacat.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: XML technologies in the Java Platform
[mailto:XML-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM]On Behalf Of Steve Buroff
  Sent: 06 June 2000 18:49
  To: XML-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
  Subject: xsd namespace question

  I have attached two very small files, an .xml file and an xsd file
  As far as I can tell, they follow the example file po1.xsd and po1.xml
  in the schema primer. However, I get the following from xerces 1.1.1.
  Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Thanks.

  Steve Buroff

  [Error] elementManager.xml:5:54: The namespace prefix "Schema in
file:/C:/sjb/projects/elementManagerProj/elementManager.xsd has a different
target namespace from the one specified in the instance document :" was not
declared.

  elementManager.xml: 500 ms (1 elems, 3 attrs, 0 spaces, 1 chars)

  Process Exit...