xml-general mailing list archives

From Antony Corfield <Antony.Corfi...@las.ox.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Xalan XSLT processor
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 14:55:59 GMT
javax.xml.transform package will handle JDOM Elements and would be a
convenient way of processing JDOM XML by passing JDOM tree to Xalan, rather
than a stream source. ie. there is a DOMSource, SAXSource and Stream Source,
but no JDOM source! As JDOM may soon be taken up by Java API this would
indeed be v. convenient

-----Original Message-----
From: erik morton [mailto:emorton@commercehub.com]
Sent: 11 May 2001 15:44
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xalan XSLT processor

I don't have an answer for this, but I was wondering how much "support" do
you really need? I use JDOM (love it!) with xalan and I have never really
needed full integration. All I do is output my org.jdom.Document to a
stream and then have xalan process the actual document as a stream (it's
not ideal). Performance is not as good as it could be, but I have had few
problems yet.

How best would you integrate the two apis? Do we really want a
recommendation implementing API to add support for JDOM - it's great but it
is only an abstraction that exists for the benefit of object programmers.

Antony Corfield wrote:

> Anyone know when support for JDOM processing (as opposed to SAX/DOM) is
> likely to happen, if at all?

> Antony Corfield                           Java Developer JAFER Project
>
> email: Antony.Corfield@las.ox.ac.uk       Libraries Automation Service
>   tel: +44 (01865) 284454                 99 Banbury Rd
>   fax: +44 (01865) 278275                 Oxford OX2 6JX

Erik I Morton
Software Developer
CommerceHub
http://www.commercehub.com