xml-general mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Jayme" <JCEdwa...@software.rockwell.com>
Subject Using substitutionGroup and/or abstract to substitute types
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 13:51:58 GMT
Schema/Xerces gurus,

I have a need to create schemas that create types based off an existing schema with a different
target namespace then the one being extended and use the new types in instance documents where
the new element name in the importing schema can be validated. I have tried Xerces 1.3.1 and
1.4.0's schema support and am rather impressed with the level of support based off the October/May
specifications. However I cannot seem to get Xerces to recognize substituted types in the
2 or so cases I have tried.

I've attached a zipfile with 3 files that can be used to reproduce a bug that occurs when
you try to do what i was describing. Unzip it to the directory of your choice and place the
version of xerces you want to use in the directory you extracted to. Execute run.bat to run
the validation case.

If anyone can please point me to what I need to do to get this type of functionality to work
with Xerces I would greatly appreciate it.

 <<substtest.zip>>
Jayme Edwards
Software Architect
Rockwell Software