xml-general mailing list archives

From Banicevic Petar <petar.banice...@siemens.hr>
Subject NodeList problem when using node.getChildNodes
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 12:07:32 GMT
Problem is:

My startpoint is node object. It has one child that is a text element.

When I call node.getChildNodes for the result I get:
the object having the same reference as node.
(to be more clear I get the same thing as node, but type is NodeList)

This confuses me I expected to get one text node.

Is this bug ?? Because when node contains two childs then getChildNodes
returns the NodeList containing two elements ! So why it behaves different
when
there is only one element in my "parent" node ???