xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bundle SAX+DOM+JAXP into commons.jar
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 06:16:37 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Am +1 for Costin's Proposal on combining dom, sax, jaxp into a pack.

Considering all of the furor over people *not* wanting DOM in
Xerces to be used for the Schema support, I would have thought
that we would propose to separate the APIs into different Jars
like "sax.jar", "dom.jar", etc.

I'm fine with bundling the common APIs together but I prefer
"xml-api.jar" and not "xavier.jar" or "saxdomjaxp.jar". So, if
we go down the bundling path, here's my votes:

  +1  xml-api.jar (plural is ok, but I like this better)
  +0  saxdomjaxp.jar
  -1  xavier.jar