xml-general mailing list archives

From James Melton <james.mel...@cylogix.com>
Subject Re: Charter Discussions
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 17:41:22 GMT
I'm not as familiar with non-profit charters as I am with corporate
vision statements. In the latter case, a vision statement is usually
kept as a separate document because it tries to express some less
tangible ideas.

Regarding the paragraph in question as a vision statement I might
rewrite it along these lines:

xml.apache.org exists to promote the use of XML. We view XML as a
compelling paradigm that structures data as information thereby
facilitating the exchange, transformation, and presentation of
knowledge. The transformation of raw data into useful information has
great potential to change the world. We intend to help effect that
change by building XML tools. We hope to make it a positive change by
making those tools freely available to all.