xml-general mailing list archives

From Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>
Subject Re: XMLReaderFactory/SAXParserFactory/DocumentBuilderFactory does not use getContextClassLoader
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 20:57:27 GMT
Hi, Dims --

We have a static method called getClassForName that we call whenever we
need to load an extension class.  As you said, it uses the thread's
ContextClassLoader if we're at an appropriate JDK level.  Otherwise, it
falls back to Class.forName.

We should reroute all of Xalan's Class.forName() calls through this
method, I think.  Perhaps this should be something included in
xml-commons.

If needed, I can move the method to its own class or to some
commons-type class so that it is available to all of the projects.

Gary

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> XMLReaderFactory/SAXParserFactory/DocumentBuilderFactory all use Class.forName() directly.
This is