xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: PMC Meeting minutes for 5/1/2001
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 20:43:46 GMT
James Melton schrieb:

> It makes more sense to me to structure this as Scott did with the
> language being the primary differentiating characteristic:
>   xml-commmons/c++/src/external
>                   /src/internal(?)
>                   /xdocs
>               /java
>               /perl

+1 for language based directory structure.

Proposal for the structure below that:
xml-commons/language/
    apache/
        subproject/ # code and documentation here
    external/
        source-site-name/ #code and documentation here
    doc/ # used for general documentation, language specific
    proposed/ # proposed code, not yet voted into xml-commons

This will make it easy to find out from where the code came. Maybe doing
subproject directories in apache/ isn't a good idea, any suggestions on
how to organize the apache-code in xml-commons?

The root directory of xml-commons should look like this:
xml-commons/
    c/ # or c++ or cpp or whatever...
    java/
    perl/
    independend/ # anything that is independend of language (if
                 # anything)
    other-language/ # any other language we might use in the future...
    doc/ # overall documentation on how xml-commons does work, charter,
         # what goes in, how to use...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
--