xml-general mailing list archives

From Xavier MACHENAUD <xavier.machen...@st.com>
Subject Re: XML based system architecture
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 15:28:10 GMT
This is fine with a 2 tier architecture because XML servers can do SQL
queries.

But it becomes more complicated if you want to do more generic requests
(not just SQL) to a business logic (BL) layer.

In my case, I also like to be able to pass on the authentication
information and to add a load-balancing mechanism later on in front of
the BL.
That's why I was thinking of a BL server accessible via HTTP.

That's why I was thinking of a way to do an HTTP request from the XML
server, do get to a sort of servlet chaining.
Am I going to a wrong way thinking that?
If not, how can I do servlet chaining from the XML server?
Should I implement a tag library that will allow me to do servlet
chaining? (or to make and XML-RPC/SOAP call if my BL server is an
XML-RPC/SOAP service)

Xavier