xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal: new xml-commons subproject for standards-basedfiles: commentsto Dirk
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 00:00:57 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> Martin Stricker wrote:
> > Just tell me how I as a non-committer can help.
>
> That is easier than you think; simply work on the code; the doc's -
> review changes, make comments, edit code; and send a patch to the
> mailing list.
> The only difference between a committer and any other contributer is
> that the first can commit directly; whereas the latter needs a little
> help. But apart from that - everyone's input is valuable.
>
> Specifically
>
> -       Follow the changes, comment on them.
> -       Check out/update your source tree
>         regularly; try it, test it, give feedback.
>         Do general QA...
> -       Doc's, installation, operation procedures, there
>         is a lot which can always be improved.
> -       Send patches (the more - the merrier (until
>         you get punished with commit access - and
>         just doubled your burden :-)).
> -       During release time; check out the code; test
>         it; help signing off on the release.
>
> and this list goes on and on..

Thanks, Dirk! So now I hope we'll get started with xml-commons quickly.
I'll look esopecially at the Perl part and will search the CPAN for
modules we might want to use. Eventually I'll get myself into the
Xerxes.pm-code rto look for nice bits there... but this part has to be
discussed on the xerces-p list.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker