xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject PMC Meeting minutes for 5/1/2001
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 17:42:12 GMT
Here's a summary of the items from the PMC call today:

In attendance: Dims, Dirk, Ted

1. Dims had a question about how to handle the Cocoon2 branch -- C2 is  a
CVS
branch off C1.  The Cocoon team is ready to do a Beta, but now they are
wondering
how to split the C2 branch off and keep the history before the branch as
well.  He
was referred to members@ with the hope that a CVS wizard will have done this
before

2. Ted created xml-commons today, per the document Sam posted.  We are now
waiting for some system administration wheels to turn.

3. Ted created xml-admin today.  This will be a general use repository for
the committers
of xml.apache.org.  The first usage will be to check in the latest draft of
the charter so that
we can conclude the discussion on general@ and take a vote.

4. New projects:  The PMC has received offers of two new projects -- a Real
Time
XSLT program and an XML Mapper.   Dirk pointed out that continually adding
new projects
dilutes the pool of developers, and that we didn't want to have a bunch of
projects with only
a few developers.  Ted and Dims wanted to wait until we finish up with the
charter, etc before
we start accepting new projects again.

to, we need to keep
off topic traffic to a minimum.  At the moment, there is no good place for
Xalan user questions
to go.   Ted to follow up w/ Xalan folks on this.

6. This is the first phone call in while where we have had a quorum of the
PMC.  We also had
a light agenda.  Since the activity level is light, we agreed to terminate
the scheduled phone
calls and use the mailing lists for whatever else would come up.

Ted