xml-general mailing list archives

From "Anthony Ikeda" <anthony.ik...@proxima-tech.com.au>
Subject Re: How do I use a URIResolver?
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 00:25:07 GMT
So far I've just created a basic XML/XSL convertor from scratch in XalanJ2
(changing from Xalanj1) so I can make using imports and includes a bt easier
to handle.

Here is what I've done so far:

  public void transformText(String xmlString, URL xslLocation,
      String[] parameters, PrintWriter out){
    StringReader strrdXml = new StringReader(xmlString);
    Source xmlSource = null;
    Source xslSource = null;

    try{
      xmlSource = new StreamSource(strrdXml);
      xslSource = new StreamSource(xslLocation.openStream());

      Transformer transformer = null;
      transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);

      if(parameters!=null){
 for(int i=0;i<parameters.length;i++){
   String pair = parameters[i];
   String parmName = pair.substring(0,pair.indexOf("="));
   String parmValue = pair.substring(pair.indexOf("=")+1,pair.length());
   transformer.setParameter(parmName,parmValue);
 }
      }
      transformer.transform(xmlSource, new StreamResult(out));
    } catch(Exception e){
      DebugListener.printOut(e);
    }
  }

When I run a stylesheet everything is fine, but any with an include will
return:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: File
"file:///styleSheets/login.xsl" not found.

Each URL I pass to the above method (from a servlet) is constructed as
follows:
    URL xslUrl = new URL("http",request.getServerName(),
request.getServerPort(), altStyleFile);

I've never used a URL to this extent before, so it may be possible that the
protocol value is set incorrectly, then again I can't find any examples that
I can compare against.

Cheers,
Anthony Ikeda
Web Application Developer,