xml-general mailing list archives

From Matt Zandstra <m...@corrosive.co.uk>
Subject org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder#setElementFactory
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 14:08:29 GMT
Hi

I hope I'm not retreading old ground here, but I'm new to the list
and the archive is currently incomplete (unless it's mirrored
somewhere other than xml.apache.org?).

Anyway, my project was based on Project X, and on moving to Crimson
I've noticed that element factories are now deprecated, which throws
a spanner in my works somewhat.

I've been subclassing ElementNode (and using SimpleElementFactory) in
order to create application specific behaviour. Is there any way that
I can continue to subclass ElementNode without using deprecated
methods?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated -- I'm days away from a deadline.

tia

matt z