xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Xerces/Xalan DLLs for Windows
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:44:55 GMT

Hi Martin,

We have no particular guidelines for installation, although I personally
loath software that installs itself into one of the Windows directories.
Installing in an application-specific directory should be just fine.

We don't supply a standard auto-update URL because it is a
Microsoft-proprietary sort of thing, but mostly because we really don't
have the resources to support it.

Dave

                    Martin.Teucher@lfug.smul.

                    sachsen.de                       To:     general@xml.apache.org

                                                     cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                    04/06/2001 02:57 AM              Subject:     Xerces/Xalan DLLs for Windows

                    Please respond to general

Hello,

just wanted to ask whether you do have any guideline for deploying the
Xalan+Xerces DLLs with commercial products. Are they to copy into the
\windows\system or system32 or only into the Windows directory? Perhaps
someone could provide an always-up-to-date package at a standardized URL
which products that use Xalan/Xerces could access when they need to
install/update the parser libaries - - I mean the way Microsoft does it
with the msxml.cab.

Probably you do already have a concept for this and I'm to stupid to read
the FAQ, sorry.

Nevertheless, getting a hint would be joyful. Thank you.

Best regards,
Martin Teucher