xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald_Les...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:52:14 GMT

Matthew,
I have written most of the doc for Xalan-J and Xalan-C++, so I am heavily
oriented towards those projects, but I am confident ANY and ALL of the XML
projects would welcome quality doc contributions.

If you have any ideas for enhancing / adding to / rewriting the Xalan-J
and/or Xalan-C doc (including API doc), please let me know.

One task you (or someone) might find interesting: using FOP to produce PDF
documentation. I added "printerdoc" targets to our Xalan-J and Xalan-C++
build.xml files some time ago, but I'm sure theres LOTS of room to enhance
the build procedures and stylesheets.

Another possibility: setting up an infrastructure for generating Java (cf.,
Javadox) or C++ API doc in XML.

And how about some more sample apps, sample usage scenarios, tutorials? If
you are prepared to produce some useful documentation, please jump in. You
can send any Xalan doc to me, and if you become a regular contributor, we
can see about getting you commiter status.

-- Don Leslie

Matthew Brandabur <matthew.brandabur@oracle.com> on 03/30/2001 04:56:12 PM

Please respond to general@xml.apache.org