xml-general mailing list archives

From Guenael.Tregu...@inexware.fr
Subject Undeclared prefix
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:02:13 GMT
Hello,

A SAXParseException is thrown by crimson (version 1.1) when I try to parse
this document :

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Stack Trace :
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Undeclared prefix: "SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle".
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.error(Parser2.java:3013)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.processName(Parser2.java:1581)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.processAttributeNS(Parser2.java:1553)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1410)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:499)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:304)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)
        at Test.main(Test.java:41)

But no Exception is thrown when I try to parse this document
(the namespace prefix declaration is now the first attribute) :

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Xerces works.
Aelfred2 throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the first case.

Hope its not to hard to track down.

Gwenn.
Bye.
--