xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Full charter proposal draft #1
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:57:38 GMT

I do have comments, I'm just too behind to get them out today.  Overall I
like the doc, although it clearly needs some more editing and clarification
- thanks to Ted for starting this, although it'll be a lot easier to read
with just a new plain draft without the changes in it.

Yes, it sounds tiresome, but the charter does need to be clear about
responsibilities and be sure to use the right terms for everyone (I don't
think there should be a 'core team', we should just have ASF members
(partly outside of our scope), the PMC members, any xml subproject
committers, all our other valued contributors, and then all of the end
users who actually use this stuff.).

I like the tooling/xml framework aspect: we make the gears that get the
data to flow through your site/server/whatever using XML.  We encourage and
try to build software to common and well-accepted standards, so that we
play nicely with others and that people can have a choice in the
implementation software they use underneath the standards.  And we do look
for some innovative and new projects as well as the standards-based ones.

- Shane