xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Nifty ideas to steal from Jakarta: dirlayout
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:56:31 GMT
See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/dirlayout.html for a Jakarta proposal
about the directory layout for CVS and other files (builds, docs, distros,
etc.)

A bunch of xml projects use some similar directory locations, but this is
another area of 'being kind to new developers & users' that we might want
to think about in the future - both to standardize across xml-land and
perhaps to be similar to jakarta-land.

I don't necessarily agree with their whole layout (yes, I'll comment on it
with them once I've thought about it) but it's a nicely written-up proposal
and a good starting point.

- Shane

(Gosh, I hope they don't mind that we're stealing from them... 8-)