xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers - and doc writers, and testers, and...
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:33:15 GMT

I just re-read this and it struck me we haven't talked about
testers/QE/QA/whatever.

---- you Matthew Brandabur <matthew.brandabur@oracle.com> wrote ----
> But doc people such as myself, we don't code for a living - we document
> APIs, write information plans, re-write specs.
>
> And we like it...

Or write test cases, or write automated tests, or write conformance
stylesheets, or just plain bang on the product and carefully document in
Bugzilla reports all the things that don't seem to work right...

And no, I don't want to become a 'developer', so to speak - I want to be a
person who writes code to test other code, since that's what I like.

Good point tho about not finding it easy to break in on the documentation
front.  One suggestion would be to just write some of the simple, yet
really useful stuff, like some basic FAQ answers, some install guides, some
interaction guides (like how Xalan plays with tomcat, etc.) and just submit
them as a way to get known.  Trust me, even little things will be
appreciated - both by the committers, who might pick it up, and by the list
members!

- Shane