xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: FOP + Xalan + Tomcat: JAXP version trouble?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:46:12 GMT
You need to remove the jaxp.jar and parser.jar in the Tomcat lib directory
and replace those with the xerces-1.2.3 (or 1.3.1 should work too). I've had
no problems with this substitution in the past, unless you have something
that calls the crimson parser API directly, which it shouldn't be doing
anyway. It should use JAXP.

If you're using your own copies of xerces 1.x.x and xalan 1.2.2, you also
shouldn't need to have the Fop-supplied versions of those components
(xerces-1.2.3, xalan 2.0.0, and xalanj1-compat.jar with Fop-0.18.1) in the
classpath at the same time.

-Kelly