xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject Documentation Format (was Re: Help wanted: more qualified develo pers)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:39:45 GMT
What's wrong with Stylebook? Personally, I prefer Docbook. It's well
documented, used for many other documentation projects, and has alot of
resources going for it. But we've already got most of the websites in
stylebook, so I'm just wondering if it makes sense to do things two
different ways? I know stylebook is more web-oriented, but we shouldn't have
to maintain duplicate sets of documents just to have a printable version.

If we do standardize on Docbook, I don't think we need to define a small
subset. As I said before, Docbook is well documented (thanks Norm), and has
a standard set of stylesheets which support most of the structures (thanks
again Norm). If you are a newcomer to Docbook, I would suggest using Norm's
simplified dtd (perhaps this is the subset you are wanting Andy?) But I
don't think we should rule out using the full power of it when neccessary.

Links:
www.docbook.org
www.nwalsh.com

-Kelly