xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal: new xml-commons subproject for standards-based files: commentsto Dirk
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:24:59 GMT
Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com wrote:

> The current vote indicates that we'd like all existing xml-subproject
> committers to be the initial committers, which seems a little unusual but I
> hope the PMC will approve it.

It's easier than the alternative, which requires additional work on who
gets to be an xml-commons committer.  Plus AFAIK, anyone who is a
committer to one xml project can commit to any other.  There is a level
of trust that a committer won't mess with other projects they are not
supposed to commit to.

> Of all the xml committers, I feel confident that we have a good half-dozen
> people who will be active and can help manage mailing lists, etc.,
> including myself.  But perhaps I shouldn't assume - maybe some of those
> people who gave this proposal their +1 will step up again and assert
> they'll help out with the organization, etc. explicitly...

Once the /xml-commons repository is set up, I volunteer to check in the
latest JAXP code into /xml-commons.  Right now there are 3 different
projects with 3 different versions.  It'd be nice to have just one.

-Edwin